Helite Air Vest (Child)
The Original Air Vest (Jacket) by Helite uses the same Airbag and Multi-directional Trigger System as 30,000 Air Jackets already in use across the world. Helite are the Air Bag Technology experts and pride themselves on the research and development that goes into all of their products. 14 Nations were equipped with this system at the London 2012 Olympics.
- All Helite Air Vests have a Multi-directional Triggering System to ensure safe release of the rider in all situations.
- Protection is given to the full length of the back and chest as well as protection for the sides and back of the neck. This greatly minimizes the risk of whiplash injuries and helps to prevent impact injuries.
- We advise that the Air Vest is worn in conjunction with a BETA Level 3 body protector.
- When not inflated the Air Vest allows for full body movement. When inflated the jacket supports the spinal column to prevent over flexion of the spine.
- All Air Vests will arrive ready to use, each one is supplied with a gas canister installed and a lanyard to connect the rider to the saddle (an extra canister is supplied free of charge).
- N.B. If you have not experienced the Air Vest inflate, we advise to do a trial inflation before wearing it on a horse, this is why we supply an extra canister.
- The lanyard is a fixed length with a clip to attach to the ring on the saddle straps. The saddle strap attaches to the stirrup bars on the saddle and is included with the Air Vest.
- When used with a BETA approved Level 3 body protector the Air Vest improves protection to the spine by up to 69%. It also provides approximately 45% more protection for the lower spine than a BETA level 3 body protector alone. The Air Vest worn with or without a Body Protector, reduced the risk of rib fractures and underlying organ damage, by as much as 20%.
- The Helite Trigger system uses a screw in canister - this is a proven and safe system. The canister must be screwed in tightly, under no circumstances should screw thread be visible. The plug at the bottom must also be fully screwed in and an allen key is provided to do this.
- The wearer of the Childs Air Vest - size small and medium must weigh at least 56lbs in weight to ensure the trigger system is activated in the event of a fall. The child large is a minimum weight of 84lbs. The Child small and medium size Air Vests take the 50cc canister and the child large and adult size jackets take the 60 cc canister.
|SIZE CHART IN CM|
|(with clothes on)|
|Child S||135 - 145 cm||75 - 85 cm||50cc|
|Child M||140 - 155 cm||80 - 90 cm||50cc|
|Child L||145 - 165 cm||85 - 95 cm||60cc|
|S||155 - 170 cm||90 - 100 cm||60cc|
|M||165 - 178 cm||95 - 110 cm||60cc|
|L||170 - 185 cm||100 - 115 cm||60cc|
|XL||180 - 195 cm||105 - 120 cm||60cc|
|L (Wide)||170 - 185 cm||115 - 135 cm||100cc|
|XL (Wide)||180 - 195 cm||120 - 140 cm||100cc|
More from this collection