Helite Air Vest (Adult)
Helite are the Air Bag Technology Experts and pride themselves on the research and development that goes into all of their products. 12 Nations were equipped with this system at the London 2012 Olympics.
- All Helite Air Vests have a Multi-directional Triggering System to ensure safe release of the rider.
- Protection is given to the full length of the back, pelvis and chest, as well as protection for the sides and back of the neck. This greatly reduces the risk of whiplash injuries and helps to prevent impact injuries.
- The Air Vest is designed to be worn in conjunction with a body protector when competing, but the jacket can also be worn by itself at the rider's discretion.
- When not inflated the Air Vest allows for full body movement. When inflated the jacket supports the spinal column to prevent over flexion of the spine.
- All Air Vests will arrive ready to use, each one is supplied with a gas canister installed and a lanyard to connect the rider to the saddle (an extra canister is supplied free of charge).
- N.B. If you have not experienced the Air Vest inflate, we advise to do a trial inflation before wearing it on a horse, this is why we supply an extra canister.
- The lanyard is a fixed length with a clip to attach to the ring on the saddle straps. The saddle strap attaches to the stirrup bars on the saddle and is included with the Air Vest.
- When used with a BETA approved Level 3 body protector the Air Vest improves protection to the spine by up to 69%. It also provides approximately 45% more protection for the lower spine than a BETA level 3 body protector alone. The Air Vest worn with or without a Body Protector, reduced the risk of rib fractures and underlying organ damage, by as much as 20%.
- The Helite Trigger system uses a screw in canister - this is a proven and safe system. The canister must be screwed in tightly; under no circumstances should screw thread be visible. The plug at the bottom must also be screwed in fully, an allan key is supplied to do this.
- The wearer of the Adult Air Vest must weigh at least 84lbs in weight to ensure the trigger system is activated in the event of a fall.
- NOTE: Custom color options available for child size
- The Air Vest should reach half way down the buttocks when deflated, this is to ensure it will cover the pelvis sufficiently when inflated.
- It is important that there is enough room between the Air Vest and the the Body Protector to allow for inflation, we suggest a fists width.
- The Velcro straps can be adjusted accordingly.
- Cross Country number bibs should be loosely fitted over an Air Jacket.
- Adult and Large Child size Air Vests should not be worn by anybody weighing less than 84lbs*. These take 60cc canisters.
- Childs Small and Medium Air Vests should not be worn by a child weighing less than 56lbs*. These take 50 cc canisters.
* These weights correspond to the force required to activate the trigger system.
|SIZE CHART IN CM|
|Child S||135 - 145 cm||75 - 85 cm||50cc|
|Child M||140 - 155 cm||80 - 90 cm||50cc|
|Child L||145 - 165 cm||85 - 95 cm||60cc|
|S||155 - 170 cm||90 - 100 cm||60cc|
|M||165 - 178 cm||95 - 110 cm||60cc|
|L||170 - 185 cm||100 - 115 cm||60cc|
|XL||180 - 195 cm||105 - 120 cm||60cc|
|L (Wide)||170 - 185 cm||115 - 135 cm||100cc|
|XL (Wide)||180 - 195 cm||120 - 140 cm||100cc|